Wednesday, December 28, 2011

1970 For 2012



I'm not a big fan of Kathrine Heigl but her cover and spread in Elle's January issue really impressed and inspired me. I've been trying to put together a NYE look for a while now, and all though I found some pretty great options none of them were really "wowing" me like I had hoped. Then I picked up the new issue of Elle and saw the gorgeous pictures of Mrs. Heigl portraying glam looks from the 70's, and it hit me. I thought this is it! This is exactly the look I want! A flowing white or cream dress, in a silky fabric that oozes glamor, and shys away from the typical NYE LBD. Add chunky gold chains, cuffs, a structured necklace or pile on the bangles and this party look is pretty much complete. Thank you Elle for the inspiration!! Now comes the hard ( but fun) part of shopping.






Pin It

1 comment: