Sunday, December 4, 2011

Style Icon: Marilyn Monroe

So I've just watched the film My Week with Marilyn and its got my fashion juices flowing! Let me start by saying the movie is really great and Michelle Williams did an excellent job depicting Marilyn. I'm really in love with the confidence these women had at this time in history, it wasn't super low cut tops or short skirts that determined what sexy was it was the way the women carried themselves. Wouldn't it be nice to get back to a time where its considered alluring to wear a tea length dress or a pencil skirt and a buttoned up cardigan? This film has beyond inspired me and come this week I will be donning fuzzy sweaters, blouses, skinny trousers, pencil skirts and pumps galore! I encourage you all to go out and see this movie,  I promise you'll love it and fall in love with pencil skirts all over again <3.






Marilyn Monroe by Alfred Eisenstaedt



Marilyn Monroe by Alfred Eisenstaedt Pin It

1 comment: